How should I travel from Three Bridges to my office near Oxford Circus each day? There are lots of options:
1: Three Bridges to Victoria then Victoria line to Oxford Circus then walk.
- Three Bridges – Victoria = 40 minutes
- Victoria – Wells Street = 16 minutes including 5 minute walk
- Two trains per hour from Three Bridges
- BUT Victoria line horribly crowded – you have to wait for several trains to pass before you can squeeze on. Coming home is just as bad – see my last post!
- Walking along Oxford Street in the morning is pleasant. Walking along Oxford Street in the afternoon is hell.
2: Three Bridges to City Thameslink then bus – Wardour Street then a short walk
- Three Bridges – City Thameslink = 52 minutes
- City Thameslink – Wells Street = 25 minutes including 5 minute walk
- BUT only one suitable train from Three Bridges
- Bus trip much nicer than tube
- Walking across Oxford Street much easier
3: Three Bridges to London Bridge then tube and walk
- Three Bridges – London Bridge = 39 minutes
- London Bridge – Wells Street = 25 minutes including 15 minute walk
- 2 trains per hour from Three Bridges
- Jubilee line pretty busy
- Walking along Oxford Street in the morning is OK
So, what to do? Pick and mix at the moment. Victoria is fine in the mornings, but really difficult in the evenings from Oxford Circus. I tend to go home via City Thameslink as I like the bus trip and the longer train journey gives me more time to read the new paper.